Sorry this is late!
October is Dysautonomia Awareness Month. To learn more about Dysautonomia go to Dysautonomia International. They are a great source for information about Dysautonomia. You can also check out their instagram for infographics and more facts.
Facts about Dysautonomia
- More than 70 million people around the world have a form of Dysautonomia
- Dysautonomia is an umbrella term for Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) disorders. The ANS controls blood pressure, body temperature, heart rate, sleep cycle, and digestion.
- It is NOT rare. But it can take YEARS for a patient to get a diagnosis.
- A form of Dysautonomia, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, impacts about 1 out of 100 teens.
- There are treatments to manage symptoms (like change in diet, physical therapy, medications, etc), but there is NO CURE.
Happy Dysautonomia Awareness Month!